Emsisoft Anti-Malware is especially a security software that guards all activity in PC at real time. It is said that it can block all suspicious and dangerous behavior of any program activity. Emsisoft anti-malware has higher detection rate for all known threats such as virus, Trojans, spyware including detection of zero day threats. It does not rely only on its database update because of its higher effectiveness. The program also works with a firewall in order to block all potential web attacks.
Note that we highly recommend to read our personal test review before you try this product. It is available after a bit scroll down.
Emsisoft Anti-Malware Official Overview
Emsisoft Anti-malware is among the best security software especially developed to provide security on Windows OS. It highly protects PC from threats such as viruses, Trojans, adware, spyware, ransomware and bots as well. The software comes with triple layers’ security engine for both online and real-time protection. The program also monitors for any suspicious behavior with the help of its dual engine scanner. This product serves as both antivirus and anti-malware security system with minimum load on system. An added feature of potentially unwanted programs (PUP) removal makes sure not to leave any shelter for viruses and malwares.
Emsisoft Anti Malware Key Features
- Blocks harmful and phishing websites.
- File protection with millions of malware detection signatures.
- Detects malicious behavior in PC and blocks them as appropriate.
- It processes More than 225,000 new samples.
- New powerful engine to remove potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) that may overload your operating system.
- Inbuilt triple layer prevention engine with dual malware scanner.
- Comes with both antivirus and anti-malware software at a place.
- Categories the level of risk from High and Medium.
- Surf protection, real time file protection, behavior blocker with ultimate defense.
- Personal assistance service in emergency situations to fill out anonymous form.
- Provides threats removal guides frequently.
- Special protection against sophisticated malware, virus and Trojan attacks.
Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2017 Product Test Results
While in our test of Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2017, everything was completely different than we expected. We installed this software on optimal speed computer with latest updated version of Windows 10. Then the worst situation happened. Whenever we try to open any program we saw an error message popup. It said Windows cannot open this software and displayed some error code. Each and every programs on our Windows 10 stopped working. Later on, computer started getting hanged and we were not able to do anything about it.
After this worst situation happened, we completely thought that system will get crashed now. There was no other option other than direct Windows reboot. After we were logged in, several error messages started to popup. Then we realized that there was only one way to protect the system crash down.
Yes, we did try to uninstall it but it was unsuccessful every time. It didn’t display any uninstall option. Rather, we found that its blocked its self-uninstall. Then the next way we tried was disabling its self and all protection module and that also didn’t work. Finally, we tried killing process and still it got unsuccessful.
Lastly, we searched in the web and got an uninstall tool so named as “emsiclean.exe”. Now, it was our last hope but it failed too. Only the question remained was:
How to uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2017?
Frist we open “msconfig” on Windows. It is accessible on Start -> Run and type msconfig, then click on OK. Note that it is also accessible from search panel at taskbar on Windows 10. Then go to “Boot” where you check the option “Safe Boot” and then Apply -> Ok to restart the computer in safe mode. In short, you need to start your computer in safe mode and there are other ways too but that is what we had done.
After restart and logged in to safe mode, Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2017 will normally gets uninstalled on Windows.
Is it worth to try?
In conclusion, we are not against Emsisoft software but this is what we experienced on our software test. It even blocked some necessary features of Windows something like Windows feature rolled back to old one. Like when we open uninstall or change the program, it was displayed in Windows old type.
Emsisoft Anti-Malware blocked all legit programs and self uninstaller from running and we believe it was the worst case.
The Final Conclusion
Currently, there computer is running fine after uninstallation of Emsisoft Anti-malware with Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 90 days’ trial and Malwarebytes Antimalware Premium installed. They both are best and doesn’t contain any bug. For recent ransomware protection, Malwarebytes is very effective and the combination of both working well on PC without any unnecessary load.
However, we also recommend to use Advanced system care Pro installed in order to run PC in peak speed.
Emsisoft Anti malware strictly deals with any malware, virus and ransomware. It automatically alerts user in case of possible infection and informs to select manual actions. The program performance is really pleasing but we got slightly disappointed with its anti-phishing protection. Though online fraud protection is not a big deal in case of primary antivirus software installed. In regard to its performance, it is worth to try anti-malware protection.
- Highly configurable with user friendly interface and less resources consumption.
- Daily update of malware signature database.
- Cheap in price with volume discounts up to 65%.
- It is an award winning security software.
- Emsisoft guarantees 100% malware removal.
- The software comes with 30 days’ free trial and money back guarantee.
- Automatically detect PUP and remove or disable them.
- Scan choices with full, custom, partial, quick, deep, on demand schedule scan option.
- Top score in all Lab test results.
- 87% good results in hosting URL test.
- Inbuilt key logger detection.
- Includes dual scanning engines and one of them is of Bitdefender.
- So far there is not any fault on detection.
- Ability to restore effected registry entries.
- Disappointing score in anti-phishing test.
- Less score in fraud detection or anti-phishing test.
- Its wired behavior alert system flagged some legit programs.
- It could be expensive without discount on first time purchase.
- Get updated frequently without any prior notification and it may draw problems for limited data plan users.