G-Data internet security is normally priced at $34.95 for single PC license. It usually comes with 30 days of trial like other security software for try before buy. Interested users can download the trial version for testing purpose to check if this software is worth to purchase.
But, if you don’t like usual 30 days trial, there is a promotional offer to get G Data Internet Security 2016 90 days free trial download with full protection for 3 months. But, For that, first you need to visit its promo page and then:
- Fill up the form (Google Translate may require)
- Then you will receive an e-mail within 5 minutes
- After you verify your email, it will again send you an email with download link.
Regardless, direct download link (including link to a promo page) is available after a free checkout using a link at the end of this post. The download file is a full OEM offline installer with size of 314.62 MB. Since it is preloaded with 90 days trial, you don’t need any serial key or activation license for 3 months free subscription of this product.
G-Data Internet Security Review
G-Data Internet Security 2016 consist features of antivirus, firewall, web protection, antispyware, anti-rootkit including parental control for protection. All of these features are combined in a single suite. Since the old version of G-Data was using both Avast and Bitdefender security engine, but now in its latest version, it is only using Bitdefender plus discarding Avast because of weak engine considered.
G-Data is evolved from a German security software company which basically provides all types of possible security solution to the PC by protecting data ideally at-all-time. Its powerful firewall feature provides best protection on online phishing and scam along with the combination of antivirus. G-Data internet security offers best protection against Trojans, keyloggers and malwares.
Exploit protection is a newly added feature in the latest version of this product. It protects PC against viruses that exploits security vulnerabilities.
G-Data Internet Security Key Features
- Virus Protection: Checks your entire computer or just selected areas for viruses. Infected files are stored securely in encrypted format in Quarantine so they cannot cause any more damage. It also creates a bootable media (e.g., CD or USB stick) that you can use to scan your computer for viruses.
- Firewall: Create rules for individual security levels to protect your networks. G DATA firewall will protect your computer when connected to different networks. The security level determines how detailed the rules established for your firewall will be and how often the firewall will prompt you.
- Parental Control: Protects your kids’ online behavior controlling access of computer, internet and let’s create users with limitation of viewing online content.
- Startup Manager: Manages settings for auto start of programs during boot with or without delay.
It performed well in most of the lab tests which makes it among the most reliable Internet Security Suite of 2017.
- It achieved the highest score on accuracy of protection from independent test labs.
- Better protection from malicious URLs.
- Consists of startup manager to tune-up the PC.
- Faster scan process with dual scanner.
- Lacks some of the important features such as password manager and virtual browser.
- Doesn’t supports the full screen mode.
- Lower phishing protection as compared to its competitors.
- User interface is not much impressive.