Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus costs $29.99 for single license key per year. It comes with 30 days of trial like other security software. But, there is a promotional offer to get Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus 2016 180 days free trial download.
Interested users just need to visit the promotional page and enter a valid email address. The 3 Months’ valid license key will arrive at the specified email address. If you don’t see an email appear within a minute, check your junk or spam folder. Promo page is available after a free checkout using a link at the bottom of this post.
The 180 days trial product is recommended for general protection against any types of security threats such as viruses, spyware, ransomware, and others.
Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus 2016 Key Features
Webroot Internet Security Plus contains extra key features than the normal antivirus product. But it comes with fewer features than the complete protection. The SecureAnywhere product provides security from both online and offline malware attacks. It safeguards our online activities and prevents stealing of confidential information.
Webroot also comes with an Adblock feature. It prevents unnecessary advertisement display on your computer screen. Adware carries cookies that trace down your location and referral source. But sometimes they are quite safe. If you don’t like to get tracked, it will be better to use incognito mode of your favorite web browser.
- Virus scanner looks up for threats on critical system objects including removable media. It works on demand or in scheduled that scans the computer for possible threats.
- System guard runs hidden in a background during process startup. It blocks malware action on the computer.
- An anti-exploit controls access to critical areas of a system.
- Identity Theft Protection safeguards your credit card, online banking, shopping details and other usernames.
- Anti-Phishing blocks tricky sites that tend to steal your information.
- Network Firewall blocks unauthorized access to the computer and access to confidential data through networks.
- Auto Updater allows all registered users to receive an automatic update of virus signature database.
How does it work?
Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus protects the system using various techniques more than normal scanning. The real-time protection works actively in the background. The heuristic analysis technique can analyze any suspicious behavior on PC which is quite better than relying on the signature update. Webroot detection system mostly relies on suspicious action observation and it doesn’t depend on regular database update.
It is quite lightweight security software that occupies less space on its installation area. The best thing is, it consumes a fewer amount of resources while working hard on protection. Because of its different behavior of action, there is no AV Lab test record found. It is bit hard to conclude its overall performance.
Webroot detection system is a cloud-based. However, it uses small footprint to clean out the malicious programs leaving the rest in peace. All primarily detected suspicious programs get halt while it waits for user’s action to avoid false positives. Finally, it rollbacks the system on the previous good state. In our test, it wiped out 100% of possible threats, so it won’t be a bad idea to score it with 10/10 points.
Although, Internet Security Plus lacks some of the important features but still this security software stands among the best security software of 2016 because of its quick functioning with light load on system and many other protection feature still stands at the best.
- Scored perfect on its test.
- No negative impact on system performance.
- Runs fast and scans quickly.
- Consists of password manager feature similar to that of LastPass.
- Well protection of data against ransomware.
- Cheaper in price that covers up to 5 PCs.
- Few rating on Independent Lab tests.
- Password manager lacks many features compared to that of LastPass.
- Password manager is read-only on mobile devices.
- This version lacks parental control and spam filtering features.
- Detected threats to legitimate programs on our test.
- Absence of bootable rescue disk feature.